Saturday, January 30, 2010

That Place...

...that I'm trying to get out of. You know the one. The one where you can't find one good thing to say about yourself. You've gained those 10 pounds back (that were so hard to lose in the first place dagummit! and you should never have to lose the same weight twice!), your clothes don't fit and you are using elastics to extend the waist line on your favorite jeans (and no I am not pregnant- just chubby). I am trying to stay away from the "f" word (you know..... fat). It's hard.

We are training for a half marathon again- it's 6 weeks away and I'm scared that I wont be able to do it. My confidence is pretty much zilch at this point- probably because I can't pull myself out of "that place" and actually work out. But I am trying. I jogged 5 miles today, and if I had gone any slower I would have been crawling. But I felt better about myself afterwards.

I blog stalk this blog called "Love to Run" and this post totally expresses how I feel/what I need to do- just in a more positive way. Which, by the way is a new years resolution that I sometimes remember that I made. (Usually when Josh reminds me- be more positive).

That's all I have to say today.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

5 miles? I can't think of the last time I ran 5 miles.. oh yeah, never.
itsok, my jeans dont button and I just sport them all with the zippers down.
I heart you!

HeidiLynn said...

seriously. Five miles. The most I've ever run at once was three.

thebakerbook said...

G! You can do it! The mental part is always the hardest for me too.

By the way "Love to run" is my good friend Julia! She is a great motivator!!

ps. Love the new banner!

April & Anthony Callison said...

LOL - Unfortunately, I offer no suggestions - I think I'm in the same "place."

Cutie said...

I wonder sometime if you realize what a Godsend you were to my family in France. My kids still think the world of you and it's because you really are an amazing person who is so fun to be around. They love you to death and enjoy seeing your pics on this blog.

So snap out of it!

andi said...

FIVE? As in one after FOUR? WAY. TO. GO. I am lucky if I don't keel over after just one.

I know what you mean- trying to get motivated to get the little extra weight off. I gained back some of the baby weight after I quit pumping. Yeah, losing the SAME weight again stinks. But good for you for at least setting a goal to do something GREAT, like running!

jularun7 said...

hey gloriana!! i really hope your marathon goes well! i know you can do it! congrats on your 7 miler ... :)