Sunday, May 3, 2009

WE DID IT!

We finished our half-marathon on Saturday- it is such a relief that it's over! Josh has been sick and I wasn't feeling my best either- especially since I was so nervous the night before that I barely got any sleep! 

At the start line- (we are the ones looking back) it was so exciting! It looked like the rain was holding off- but it pretty much rained the entire race. We were soaked at the end!



Gloriana finishing at 2:32- finally done! I was going strong at a really good pace  non stop for the first 9-10 miles. I was feeling awesome and on a total high. Then my body shut down and  had to walk/run the last 2-3 miles. I was so frustrated! But my legs just wouldn't run anymore. My hips were killing me. 
We didn't get a picture of Josh finishing :( but he finished just 5 minutes after me. He had a rough race- after being sick the whole week before the race, after mile 8 he was hurting bad. We were both soaking wet from the rain and so tired, we couldn't wait to get home. Josh's dad came out to support us and take pictures. 
We got medals for finishing- Josh loves his medal:) He was super excited to get a medal. 

We are still so sore today- every muscle aches! I would like to do another one- but I think that we have to train totally differently next time. More strength training to get us through that second half I think. Anyway- we are happy it's over and our Saturday's wont be taken up by long runs anymore- at least not for a couple months...until we register for another one :) 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad there are pictures. I still can't believe you guys did it. I'm so proud of you. I hope you're feeling better today. Love you, Mom

Brenda said...

Way to go you two! I was thinking about you yesterday as I ate two pieces of cheesecake and my weight in meatballs.

Amy S. said...

Way to go guys! I can't believe you guys did it even after being sick. You are troopers!

andi said...

That's AMAZING! You should be so proud! I swear running is the hardest thing ever, so way to go for finishing!

em said...

I think I found a new role model in you guys. Being sick would've been my opt-out, but then again, I wouldn't have signed up in the first place because I would die of hatred toward running if I didn't die from the actual running. You guys are incredible! Now rest up and recover and keep us posted on when your legs regain feeling ;) HAHA. I'm so proud of you! I'm in awe.

April & Anthony Callison said...

You are amazing!! I still can't imagine running more than 2 miles at a time.

HeidiLynn said...

you both are rockstars. Love you!

Ashley Gilbert said...

You two are seriously awesome! We are still in the ward, so how bout that game night?! :)