Monday, April 6, 2009

Final Weigh In

So we had our final weigh in this weekend. I am so proud of Josh- he has lost 19 pounds! He has been a running machine- on Saturday he ran 9 miles and averaged 9 minute miles the whole time. He is going to kill this 1/2 marathon in May! I lost 10 pounds total- which I am happy with because I can get back into a lot of my clothes again. But it is not my final goal weight. I will probably never get down to my ultimate goal weight because I love things that taste good like french fries and brownies. But I am happy with my progress and plan to continue working at it. Hopefully I can lose a few more before the race so I don't have quite so much weight to heft around for 13.1 miles. But I feel like tooting the Miles horn today because I think we did great! Woot Woooooot!

4 comments:

Ashley Gilbert said...

Hey thats awesome! And your last name is Miles...all that running talk makes me think this is all just in your blood...lol

Brenda said...

I found your 10...but I have an excuse. Way to go you two. You totally deserve to toot your horn!

em said...

Congrats, you guys!! That's awesome! How are you training for a half marathon?? I would DIE. Lit'rally. If I caught the running bug and cut back on yummy deliciousness like brownies, I might have a chance of survival, but I love yummy deliciousness more than pounding pavement. GOOD LUCK!!

andi said...

Mmmm brownies...oh, I digress... Congratulations!!! I think 10 pounds is awesome- and running 13 miles in one go-round is even more awesome. You're my hero.