Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Weight Loss Weeks 5, 6 & 7
So the weekly update on my weight loss was getting tedious for me- let alone other people who read this blog besides my mom :) So I am lumping the last 3 weeks into one and saying that I'm -3 and holding. Hopefully this half-marathon training will boost the weight loss a little more since I am running much farther than I usually do. 2 Saturday's ago, we started our long run program- with only 2 long run Saturday's under my belt I am still feeling pretty good! They were 5 and 6 miles consecutively. The first Saturday doing 5 miles I was soooo sore the rest of the day and next day. But this past Saturday doing 6- I felt awesome and could have kept going, but didn't want to push my body too much. It felt so great to push my body that far and see that I could handle it! So now I am up to doing 4 miles 3x a week, plus cross training on the stationary bike 1-2x a week then long run on Saturdays. I feel like this half marathon goal is actually achievable- and I am super excited to run it now! I might feel differently when I have to run 10 miles on the Saturday before the race... and then 13.1 miles... well let's just focus on the positive for today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You are going to do great! I never thought i would be able to run more that 3 miles. Then i ran 4, then 5, then 10! It is an amazing feeling. Congrats!!!
Post a Comment