Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Week 2 Weight Check In

I lost 1.7 pounds this week. Boo. After my big week last week, I was all excited to weigh in. Not so much. Apparantly the second week is always a hard one as the body adjusts. So I am hoping this week is a little better :) I'm still trying to be strong and have added jogging to the weight loss plan. I am just crossing my fingers for some good results. It's hard to be motivated when you are not seeing any results!

8 comments:

jeggs said...

Keep going babe. I am kind of starting my own little regimen, but finding it a tad difficult with little Siena in tow. (and I've got a lot to lose now.) I am rooting for you.

Erin said...

Don't get down!!! If you average a 2 lb. weight loss per week, you are averaging eating 1000 less calories than you burn. So that is amazing! Think about that! You have to burn about 1000 more calories a day than you consure to lose 2 lbs in one week. So you rocked it! 2 lbs a week is a great goal and a healthy one.

Biggest loser contestants lose between 5-10 lbs average a week and they are burning 7000 plus calories a day. So don't get down on yourself.

I think you are awesome! After I have the baby next week it is my turn to burn and lose!

em said...

Yep, the biggest weight loss is the water weight and now the real stuff starts coming off, so don't get discouraged! You'll do great and feel great and I'm impressed--I didn't even attempt New Year's resolutions this year because I know I won't keep them. HA.

And if you need extra motivation, take a look at Bone Junior's pillowcase. I don't really know why that should motivate you, but it's hilarious.

andi said...

Oh, Amen. But you still LOST, so that's great. And go girl, for adding jogging to the mix. I am tres impressed.

Owen's Mommy said...

Great job on the weight loss...4 pounds in a week is fantastic!!
Okay, so I sanded my blocks, stained them chocolate brown and then just mod-podged my paper and letters on. The trick is putting mod-podge on the block, back of the paper, and then on top of the paper once it's on the block!!

Brenda said...

1.7 down is better than 1.7 up. Keep up the good work!

Ashley Gilbert said...

I will be joining the weight loss gig here pretty soon. It is inspiring to see other people doing well with it. This week may not be good, but I am sure it gives you motivation for the next. :D Good work girl!

barb said...

i think you're hot no matter how much you weigh:) and those pictures with baby jack kill me! i can't wait to see what your kids will look like.

speaking of having babies... our lil family has some news to share:)...