Wednesday, January 7, 2009
New Years Resolutions or I Can't Make Excuses Any Longer
Since Josh and I have been married, 15-20 pounds, depending on the week, have crept up on me. It's not a pretty sight. I have been in a downward spiral about this. I have moments of- I just can't take it anymore, none of my clothes fit me, I'm going to lose weight dagnabit! Then reality hits me and I remember that I don't really like working out, and I really like to eat. Sigh. Soooo, now that 2009 has appeared, and both Josh and I are a good 15 pounds over weight (we blame Del Taco), the Miles family has decided to do a "Biggest Loser" challenge. Josh's parents and sisters are doing it, as well as my parents back in CT. We weigh in each Sunday at our family dinner and the winner get's some prize. The last weigh in date is April 5th. So the race is on! Josh's sisters have been successful using Weight Watchers, so we are trying that method this time. So far I am already 19 points into the 35 extra point I get each week- ha! I am supposed to only eat 22 points a day. Learning what points everything is worth is a slow process- but hopefully once I get it figured out, things will start to even out. I'll be updating our progress on the blog just to keep myself held even more accountable. It's on!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Lol...and just to help out your new years resolution there are some of us sisters in the ward that are getting together on Weds. during the week and having lunch at McDonalds. I have just been getting ice cream cones, cuz that seems pretty safe, but if I will call you when we go again. :D
The pics totally make me miss UT - well I left I never thought I would be saying that!
Looks like you guys had a blast. And I love your gifts! so Cute!
Good luck, I know you can do it! Both my mom and sister have done weight watchers with much success.
GO G! GO G! GO G! (And Josh!) You can do it!! This doesn't mean you're just going to run around in a colored sports bra, ill-fitting basketball shorts and Adidas flip-flops, does it?
Way to go!! What is it about marriage that does that? Is it some kind of extra weight pheromone? You can be MY inspiration to do the same!!
Hey don’t worry about the pounds; there is nothing hotter then an insatiable woman. And by insatiable I mean her appetite for Chinese food.
Eric
oh goodness- no sports bra and spandex pulease! not ok. and thanks eric that totally made me laugh.
Post a Comment