JOsh started nursing school in January- and when we got back from our honeymoon, he started having to go to clinicals at the hospital every other weekend. So every other weekend I have to go to church alone- it's a bummer. But- I am so proud of him for everything he is doing. He is going to be a wonderful nurse- and in the meantime I get to hear about the different things he has had to do for patients- lots of butt wiping, bed pan changing, giving shots, bed baths and even removing a catheter from a male patient. When he got home he was so excited to tell me about it- I was excited for him because he has been waiting to do catheters for a while, but hadn't gotten the chance. A couple minutes after he told the story it dawned on me what removing a catheter entailed..."So how do you feel now that you have held another man's whohoohoohoo?" We had a good laugh about that. Here is a picture of him in his adorable uniform (haha) on his first day of clinicals. I was so nervous and excited for him I had to get up at 6:30 with him and take a picture to document the day:
He hates wearing the vest with a passion. He says that it's totally a girls outfit- he feels like such a dork in it. But I think he looks cute :)
7 comments:
haha yay a new post!! You guys are so cute and i miss you! But i'll be seeing you sooooon! haha josh's picture is so cute, it's like the first day of school!
I am with josh on the vest thing...but he still looks professional. and I love to see you drowning in crate & barrel boxes...isn't that best? I still have presents that are in their original boxes, that we haven't used yet...almost 6 years later.
If anyone can pull off the white vest it's...well, I don't think anyone can pull off that white vest. But, hey, we're still proud of Josh! You guys look so cute together:)
Holy cow, that is the COOLEST way to start married life- drowning in C&B boxes!! (I like your style :) And hooray to Josh for starting school! It's so worth it- way to go guys. Love you!
ooooh- the vest.... shudder.
maybe you guys can move to texas when he's all done and josh can work at my hospital. i'll split the recruitment bonus with ya!
man you guys did get a lot of crate and barrel presents. lucky. and i saw my gift there- so i know you got it:)
it's fun keeping up with you guys. keep the posts rollin.
I'm debating whether it's so much the white vest itself or just the overall glaring new-whiteness of it all. I think once he breaks it in a little (translation: bodily fluids and other excrements are splashed/spilled/squirted/soaked into his vest) he won't hate it quite so much. ;)
Yay for nurses! I really don't know how you guys do what you do. I'll take my desk jockey job any day!
Gloriana-Thanks for the note. Heidi is adorable! (she looks like you!) Loved the song on Utube. I'll be sure to have Dillon watch it. He may be going up to Utah for a while this fall. He turns 19 in February and will probably leave for his mission in the spring. He's working right now and trying to make some $. I'd love for him to meet your sister!
By the way, your wedding pics are gorgeous. Fun honeymoon. Congratulations! You look radiantly happy!
Post a Comment