Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Connecticut Reception

So like many LDS couples, we had two receptions, which has it's pros and cons :) We were still in a daze from the actual wedding- and flying cross country is no small feat. We were tired! Plus a whole other set up and clean up...not fun. But we got to see so many people that I grew up with, tons of teachers from the school I went to for 14 years, and that my parents still work at. (Josh was blown away because I kept introducing him to people saying "this is my Kindergarten teacher", "this is my elementary school music teacher" "this is my high school english teacher" etc etc. He couldn't believe I was still in contact with them!) We had the reception in a church building in downtown New Haven. Our photographer Liz Frandsen did a beautiful job taking family shots and candids. Check out her blog to see some of the pictures! it was so fun to be with my family again and to take Josh's parents all around beautiful Connecticut. Since I have lived out West for so long, its fun to take people back East and show them around.

5 comments:

Erin said...

You look so amazing! Congrats G! I am so happy for you!

Brenda said...

Was is a small town? I come from a small town and my kindergarten teacher came to my reception too. Trevor doesn't remember who his kindergarten even was. I'm glad you had a great time!

The Monson Crew said...

How fun to share some of your past with your new hubby! You guys are adorable.

Erin said...

I love the pictures your CT photographer took. she is so talented. you really just lucked out with all your photographer people cause you had awesome shots in CA too!

I am so happy for you two! and I had so much fun in Sacramento, I wish I could have gone to CT too!

Anonymous said...

I think it's time for an update on your amazing married life..