Josh and I had already talked about getting married. We had been planning to get engaged after he met my family over the Christmas holiday. We had talked about the possibility of maybe getting engaged before, and so I had given him my parent's phone number to "ask for permission". But I was really not expecting to get engaged before we met my family! One Sunday night, we were really talking in detail about when we could do it- we decided on a day, and I was going to call the Temple the next day to see if it was available. The next afternoon, I called him to tell him the day that we were thinking of was available, and that I was planning on going to look at a potential reception area on my way to work that afternoon. It's right behind the stake center that's next to the Sacramento temple. When I told him this, Josh said "well let's just go together after you get done with work tonight." So after work, I met him at his house and he mentioned to me how nervous he was to call my parents. (By this I assumed that he had not called them yet). He told me that he had a Christmas present to give me that he wanted me to enjoy during this Christmas season and wanted to give it to me among the Christmas decorations at the Temple. So we
drove up to the Temple, and while we were standing in front of the beautiful Nativity scene, he gave me this ornament:
Which I love! When I saw that the ornament opened, my heart skipped a beat, and I expected to see a ring inside. When I opened it, there was just some tissue paper. I thought to myself- "well of course he is not going to propose tonight, he hasn't even talked to dad, and we decided that he needs to meet my family first! Stop being silly!" So I pulled the tissue out to read the inside of the ornament. (I mean really... how sweet is that ornament!!) I love Christmas ornaments, and was so excited to get this very special one from Josh. So we stood there enjoying the beautiful scenery for a moment, then he leaned over and pulled a ring out of the tissue paper that I had just taken out of the ornament! I did not see it or feel it or anything! Then he told me that he had already called my dad that day, got down on one knee and proposed. I totally started to bawl! It was so beautiful and amazing and I'm pretty sure better than any moment in my life thus far! At the end of the night our faces hurt from smiling so hard!
So that's the story- I have heard some pretty romantic engagement stories in my life, but I think that ours is the best :) I caught myself a sweet, romantic guy and couldn't be happier about it. Only 9 more days!!!
1 comment:
That is a fabulous engagement story. You're so smooth Josh.
Post a Comment